Admissions Tours, Policies, and Deadlines: PreK-3 through Kindergarten
Information Session and School Tour Dates
There are no remaining tour dates scheduled for this admissions season. Please contact our admissions department if you would like to inquire about future dates.
Admissions Policy and Important Deadlines
1. First-time prospective parents applying for the 2023-2024 school year are required to attend a parent only admissions information session and school tour. Sessions are conducted September through December and can be scheduled by contacting the Admissions Office. Applications are distributed at the close of each tour. The school does not supply applications electronically or on the website. Please note, applicants applying from abroad may have a different process, and should contact the Admissions Office directly.
2. Applications for current Saint Ignatius Loyola School siblings are available by contacting the Admissions Office.
3. Age requirements are as follows:
- PreK-3 applicants must turn 3 by December 31, 2023. Please note, students must be toilet trained.
- PreK-4 applicants must turn 4 by December 31, 2023.
- Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 by December 31, 2023.
4. The Admissions Committee will not review an applicant’s admissions file until all of the following requirements have been submitted:
- Your child's baptismal certificate (if applicable).
- Your child’s most up to date immunization record. It is important to note, Saint Ignatius Loyola School requires all students to be fully immunized. There are no medical exemptions.
- One family photograph.
- A check made payable to Saint Ignatius Loyola School for the non-refundable application fee. The application fee is $235 for families applying from within the United States, and $335 for families applying from abroad.
5. Kindergarten applicants must provide one current teacher recommendation. (Teacher Recommendation Forms).
6. The final date for submitting an application is Wednesday, December 14, 2022. All applications must be submitted in hard copy either by mail or by hand delivery to the Upper Campus located at 48 East 84th Street, New York, NY 10028. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
7. All applicants to the PreK-3, PreK-4, and Kindergarten programs will be assessed in January.
PreK-3 and PreK-4
Assessments will take place during a school visit to the Lower Campus on Friday, January 6, 2023.
Assessments will take place on the dates below. Please note, assessments may take place on the Lower or Upper Campus:
Friday, January 6th – Lower Campus
Monday, January 9th – Upper Campus
Tuesday, January 10th – Upper Campus
Wednesday, January 11th – Upper Campus
8. PreK-3, PreK-4, and Kindergarten admissions notifications will be emailed the week of January 23, 2023.
9. Parents of applicants who are admitted, and who wish to attend, must register their child by the date indicated on the acceptance letter. The nonrefundable registration fees must be paid at the time of registration. If registration is not completed by that date, the child’s seat will be forfeited. Acceptance to the school cannot be deferred to the waitlist.