Kindergarten Admissions Policy
2020–2021 School Year
1. First-time prospective parents are required to attend a Zoom Admissions Information Session. Zoom Admissions Information Sessions are conducted from September through January and can be scheduled by contacting the Admissions Office at (212) 861-3820, extension 106 or by emailing Ms. Ana Zuck, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
2. A fillable PDF application form, teacher recommendation form and immunization requirements will be emailed to you after the meeting.
3. Prospective parents who already have a child enrolled at Saint Ignatius Loyola School must contact the Admissions Office to obtain a sibling application.
4. The application fee is $235. The application fee for families applying from abroad is $335. This fee is nonrefundable. Please make the check payable to Saint Ignatius Loyola School and mail to the school to the attention of Mrs. Ana Zuck, Director of Admissions.
5. Completed Kindergarten applications must include:
a. Nonrefundable Application Fee
b. One teacher recommendation
c. A copy of his/her baptismal certificate (if baptized)
d. The most up to date immunization record
e. One family photo
f. All documents must be emailed to the Admissions Office. The Admissions Committee will not review an applicant’s admissions file unless all required documents have been submitted.
6. The final date for submitting applications is Thursday, December 17, 2020.
7. All applicants to Saint Ignatius Loyola School’s Kindergarten will be tested the week of January 4, 2021. Parents will be contacted by the Admissions Office with the date and time of their child’s test, whether it be in person or through Zoom. We are closely monitoring the situation around COVID-19 and may provide updates to the assessment as we get closer.
8. Kindergarten admissions notifications will be emailed or mailed the week of January 19, 2021.
9. Parents must register their child by the date indicated on the acceptance letter. The nonrefundable registration fees must be paid at the time of registration. If registration is not completed by that date, the child’s seat will be forfeited.
10. Acceptance to the school cannot be deferred to Wait List status.